How We Make Money
Investor.com was founded with a mission to serve Americans as a trusted resource for researching and comparing financial advisors. Today, the site has grown to include personal finance educational content and reviews of financial products, such as credit cards and savings accounts.
Our editorial decisions are, and always have been, independent and impartial, and our evaluations are always unbiased.
We will never accept compensation to boost ratings (we don’t do “pay-to-play” here), and our evaluations are based on months of in-depth research by our expert analysts. Any revisions of our content are based solely on our research and testing methodologies.
Our opinions simply can’t be bought – by anyone. So how do we make money?
We make money in two ways:
- We feature clearly labeled advertising on some of our pages.
- We partner with financial service providers in affiliate relationships.
Our partners compensate us for referrals completed from affiliate links – but they can’t pay us to alter a review, modify an opinion, or inflate a star rating. Our editorial team operates strictly independently of our advertising team in order to maintain objectivity.
Our editorial principles
If we love a service or financial provider, we’ll tell you.
If we think a provider or product has room to improve (or should be avoided altogether), we’ll say so and explain why.
If we’ve determined that using a service provider puts your money at risk, we’ll say so – no matter what.
Here are a few things that we’ll never do to make money:
- We never change our opinion of a product or service, or modify our evaluation process, to gain or preserve an affiliate partnership.
- We never highlight (or deliberately conceal) a specific product or service to gain or maintain an affiliate relationship.
- We never alter our proprietary data-driven algorithms to favor an affiliate partner.
- We never share marketing revenue information or advertising campaign data with our researchers or our editorial team.
Your trust in us, as well as the trust we have earned from the industry as a whole, is of the utmost importance to our mission and our charter as a Certified B Corporation.