Edward Jones Review
Edward Jones, founded in 1963, is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) in 53 state(s) with a licensed staff of 15,624 advisors. Edward Jones manages $311.99 billion and provides investment advisory services for 2,023,674 clients (1:130 advisor/client ratio).
Edward Jones requires a $25,000 minimum investment and charges between 1.35% and 0.50% for ongoing portfolio management services, depending on the size of the portfolio.
- Firm has $1B or more in assets under management
- Been in business 54 years
- Firm services over 1,000 clients
- Firm acts as their own custodian
- Communications sent to the firm’s website are secure and encrypted
- Firm has a disciplinary history
- Firm is a broker-dealer and may be subject to compensation-related conflicts of interest
- Firm has a low advisor to client ratio
- Firm actively engages in insurance sales and may be incentivized to over-insure investors with expensive insurance products that generate commissions for the investment advisor
- Firm privately manages or owns some of the products they recommend and may be incentivized to sell those products over others to their investors